Welcome back to my Principles of Health. To refresh yourself on numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 check the linked blog posts. Today we're talking fat and its importance in your diet. Newsflash - Fat doesn't make you FAT, it's not 'artery clogging,' and it won't raise your cholesterol.
What types of fat should I eat?
Why should I eat fat, what's in it for me?
- provide a concentrated source of energy
- are used to build healthy cell membranes
- are used to build necessary hormones
- slow down the absorption of nutrients so we feel full longer
- help us have healthy skin and hair
- help with nerve transmission, the brain is 60% fat